According to the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (Public Law 107-110), parents/ guardians have the right to know the qualifications of our professionals. Upon your request, our district is required to provide to you in a timely manner, the following information:
- Whether the teacher has met state qualification and licensing criteria for the grade levels and subject areas in which the teacher provides instruction.
- Whether the teacher is teaching under emergency or other provisional status through which state qualification or licensing criteria have been waived.
- Whether your child is provided services by paraprofessionals and, if so, their qualifications.
- What baccalaureate degree major the teacher has and any other graduate certification or degree held by the teacher, and the field of discipline of the certification.
- In addition to the information that parents may request, districts must provide to each individual parent
- Information on the achievement level of the parent’s child in each of the state academic assessments as required under this part; and
- Timely notice that the parent’s child has been assigned, or has been taught for four or more consecutive weeks by, a teacher who is not highly qualified.
By contacting the Administrative Office of the Dexter R-XI School District, 1031 Brown Pilot Lane, Dexter, MO, #573-614-1000, this information can be provided to you in a timely manner.