(1) STUDENTS ACTIVELY PARTICIPATE AND ARE SUCCESSFUL IN THE LEARNING PROCESS.
Teachers will motivate students, focus attention by stating objectives, and develop readiness for learning.
Teachers will use a variety of instructional materials and techniques including, but not limited to, lecture, discussion, cooperative learning, questioning, demonstration, experiments, and projects as appropriate to supply information and improve instructional outcomes.
Teachers will organize their classroom space to improve and support instruction.
Evaluation Items: Section A, Items 1, 2, 3, 11, and 15
(2) VARIOUS FORMS OF ASSESSMENT ARE USED TO MONITOR AND MANAGE STUDENT LEARNING.
Teachers will use both formal and informal assessments, such as observation, checklists, quizzes, homework, unit tests, writing assignments, and projects, to gauge student progress and check for comprehension.
Teachers will use data derived from both formal and informal assessments to correct errors and modify instruction to improve student achievement.
Evaluation Items: Section A, Items 5, 6, and 12
(3) THE TEACHER IS PREPARED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE OF THE CONTENT AND EFFECTIVELY MAINTAINS STUDENTS' ON-TASK BEHAVIOR.
All teachers will be appropriately certified in their subject area.
Teachers will use a variety of techniques including effective, well-paced lessons, classroom rules, consequences, verbal and nonverbal communication, space modification, building rules, district rules, and administrative support to effectively maintain on-task behavior.
Evaluation Items: Section A, Items 1, 2, 9, 10, 11, 14, 15, and 16; Section B, Items 5 and 10.
(4) THE TEACHER USES PROFESSIONAL COMMUNICATION AND INTERACTION WITH THE SCHOOL COMMUNITY.
Teachers will use a variety of means to positively communicate with the school community including letters, telephone calls, newspaper stories, school channel announcements, newsletters, websites, and personal visits as appropriate to inform parents and public.
Evaluation Items: Section B, Items 4 and 7.
(5) THE TEACHER KEEPS CURRENT ON INSTRUCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND SEEKS AND EXPLORES CHANGES IN TEACHING BEHAVIORS THAT WILL IMPROVE STUDENT PERFORMANCE.
Teachers will participate in building professional development activities annually.
Teachers will develop a personal professional development plan annually with goals unique to their personal growth needs. This plan will be reviewed and monitored with building administration annually.
Evaluation Items: Section A, Items 5, 10, 12; Section B, Items 2 and 5.
(6) THE TEACHER ACTS AS A RESPONSIBLE PROFESSIONAL IN THE OVERALL MISSION OF THE SCHOOL.
Teachers will follow all board policy and guidelines concerning professional conduct.
Teachers will meet all attendant expectations such as attendance, dress, and grooming, and actively fulfill other supervisory and extra-curricular obligations.
Evaluation Items: Section B, Items 1 through 10.